While we do not operate any formal club training sessions we do have several informal training groups that regularly get together around the Hibiscus Coast. Generally more activity happens over summer when the water is warmer and the sun comes up a little earlier but there are a few hardy souls who train year round. Feel free to get along to any of these gatherings and introduce yourself.
Our Winter and Summer seasons are largely dependent on daylight hours and water temperature. Generally Summer season is considered October to April/May.
- Sunday Swim Squad - 7am the Stanmore Bay Leisure Centre pool.
- 6pm. Tuesday Night at Stanmore Bay Beach. A hour long swim to various points around the bay. A good opportunity to get in some open water swimming practice. Swimmers re-group at regular intervals to allow slower swimmers to catch up
- 8am Saturday morning Manly Beach. Meet at the boat ramp for a hour long swim to various points around the bay. A good opportunity to get in some open water swimming practice. Swimmers re-group at regular intervals to allow slower swimmers to catch up
- Sunday morning. By arrangement post the swim session. Often club members will arrange to ride from the Stanmore Bay Rec centre or meet at Millwater Parkway between 8.45 am and 9am. We have several favoured rides of between 2 and 4 hours
- Boggsie's Bike Ball Busters - time trial one Sunday during the month. See Events on this website or the club facebook page for details
- 9.15am Saturday morning at Manly Beach boat ramp. Gather post swim session for 1-2hour bike session around local roads and run off the bike. (non bikers will often run straight after swim)
- Sunday morning - By arrangement. Often club members will arrange to meet for a longer Sunday ride from Millwater Parkway. We have several favoured rides of between 2 and 4 hours
Winter and Summer
- Wednesday 6pm club run from Red Beach Surf Club car park. Mix of abilities and distances covered. Often meet for a beer in the Surf club afterwards
- Petes 5k Pavement Pounder is a self timed 5k time trial on the 1st Wednesday of the month. Start 6pm and finish at Red Beach Surf Club
For those looking for help in putting together a training program there are many good resources in the local area. One of our club members Ally Boggs is a Tri NZ Level 3 Accredited coach. For swim technique and triathlon coaching get in touch with Ally at email@example.com or visit her website at www.allyboggs.kiwi
Whether you are looking for a full time coach or just a little bit of friendly advice we would be happy to help. Get in touch here or better still come along to one of the above sessions and just ask.